- 1 (6-ounce) piece beef tenderloin
- Creole seasoning
- Drizzle olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 fresh artichokes
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- White truffle oil
- 2-ounce piece Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Season the tenderloin with olive oil and Creole seasoning. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the tenderloin and sear for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and cool completely. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in the freezer and freeze for 1 hour. Remove from the freezer and slice into 6 equal pieces. Place each piece between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, pound out each piece very thin. **Keep between the plastic wrap until ready to use. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Trim off the leaves of the artichokes. Using a mandoline, slice the artichoke into thin slices. Lightly toss the artichokes with lemon juice to prevent browning. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, place the carpaccio over each serving plate. Place a thin layer of the artichokes over the meat. Garnish with a drizzle of the truffle oil and the cheese.