- *1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves, chopped
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds) boiled, bones removed and the meat small diced
- 1 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup sultans or currents, soaked in 1/2 cup Marsala
- 4 cups arugula, cleaned
- In a blender, combine the egg, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, and mint leaves. Blend until smooth. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the oil, until the mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper. In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, onions, celery, nuts and sultans. Mix well. Add the dressing mixture and toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the salad with the arugula.
- *RAW EGG WARNING The American Egg Board states: "There have been warnings against consuming raw or lightly cooked eggs on the grounds that the egg may be contaminated with Salmonella, a bacteria responsible for a type of food poisoning....Healthy people need to remember that there is a very small risk and treat eggs and other raw animal foods accordingly. Use only properly refrigerated, clean, sound-shelled, fresh, grade AA or A eggs. Avoid mixing yolks and whites with the shell."