- 8 pita breads
- 2 Anjou pears, peeled, cored and julienne
- 8 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 confit duck leg portions, with thighs attached, fat trimmed and reserved
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Cognac
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients, including reserved duck fat, in a food processor, fitted with a metal blade. Process until the mixture if thoroughly mixed, but do not puree. Set aside. Using a sharp knife, cut a 4-inch slit across the top of pita. Stuff each pita with about 1/4 cup of the rillette, some of the julienne pears and a couple slices of the cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the pitas on a baking sheet. Bake for a couple of minutes, just until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.