- 3 cups watercress, well rinsed and tough stems removed
- 2 pounds large heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 cup thinly sliced spring onion, or red onions
- 8 ounces fresh cheese curd
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Please have whole tomatoes and onions for Chef to demo and set aside.
- On a decorative platter, arrange the watercress, then the tomatoes and the onions. Sprinkle the cheese over the onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Gradually add the oil, whisking, until it emulsifies.
- Dress the salad with the vinaigrette, and top with the fresh parsley. Serve with French bread croutons.