- 2 red bell peppers (about 3/4 pound), cored, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- Pinch cayenne
- Combine the bell peppers and cream in a medium heavy pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until reduced by half, about 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- Add the paprika, lemon juice, salt, white pepper, and cayenne. With an immersion blender, or in batches in a food processor, puree the mixture until smooth. Serve hot.