- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup green onions, shaved
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled, deviened and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Sift the flour, chickpea flour, baking powder, salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl.
- In a sauté pan set on a medium-high heat, add the olive oil and sauté the green onions for 2-3 minutes. Add the green onions to the flour mixture along with the parsley, Essence and the shrimp. Slowly add the milk to the flour mixture and stir to form a batter. Let rest for 1 1/2 hours before frying.
- In a 10-inch sauté pan set over a medium-high heat, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan and spoon 2 tablespoons worth of batter into the pan. Let the pancake cook for 2 minutes, then turn and let cook for 2 more minutes. Place on a paper-lined plate and serve immediately.