- 1/2 pound cold, peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 large egg white, cold
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup cold heavy cream
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 large egg, beaten with 2 teaspoons water, for egg wash
- 4 fresh pasta sheets, measuring about 9 by 15 inches
- Red Pepper Cream Sauce 
- 16 spears Blanched Asparagus 
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, for garnish
- 4 teaspoons finely sliced fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Cook's Note: To achieve the right consistency, make sure that the shrimp and egg white are very cold, and chill the food processor bowl and blade in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before beginning.
- Combine the shrimp, egg white, parsley, basil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and white pepper in a food processor and pulse for 5 seconds. Scrape down the sides and pulse for 5 seconds. With the machine running, add the cream through the feed tube in a steady stream. Transfer to a bowl and fold in the crabmeat, cheese, and shallots.
- Place 1 pasta sheet on a work surface. Scoop heaping tablespoons of the crabmeat filling evenly down the sheet, about 4 inches apart in 2 rows of 4. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat the areas around the filling with egg wash. Place another pasta sheet on top and press down around each mound of filling to squeeze out the air pockets and seal. With a 4-inch round cutter, cut into individual ravioli.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the ravioli and cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and divide among 4 plates. Drizzle the sauce on top and arrange the asparagus on the side. Garnish each portion with the cheese and basil and serve immediately.