- 1 2 1/2 - 3 pound rabbit, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon Emerilís Original Essence
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 cups chicken stock, or canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- Season the rabbit with the Essence.
- Heat the oil in a large sautÈ pan or stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the rabbit and brown on both sides, about 2 ñ 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the onions, peppers, chili powder, cumin and salt, and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Return the rabbit to the pan. Add the peanuts, stock, vinegar and peanut butter, and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat to medium-low, and simmer, covered, until the rabbit is tender and falling from the bone, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the rabbit from pan and serve over creamy grits, with the sauce spooned over the top.