- 8 ounces butter, softened
- 2 pounds confectionerís sugar
- 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 14 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- In a medium bowl cream together the butter and one pound of sugar with a mixer on high speed. Add the bourbon, remaining sugar and nuts and mix well. Cool the mixture in the refrigerator, covered, until firm enough to handle, about 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler and allow to cool to body temperature.
- Form rounded teaspoons of the nut mixture into balls and place on a baking sheet covered with wax paper. Dip the candy into the chocolate mixture two at a time. Using two forks, turn the candy, coating completely with chocolate. Tap the fork to eliminate excess chocolate, then place the coated candy on the wax paper. Continue with remaining candies. Place the sheet in the refrigerator until firm enough to handle, then transfer to a bowl, cover tightly, and store refrigerated until ready to serve. (Can be kept refrigerated for up to 1 week.)