- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into thin strips about 3 by 1/4-inch each
- 35 to 45 medium (7-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 15 to 30 minutes
- Peanut Sauce 
- Chopped peanuts, garnish
- Cilantro sprigs, garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy, oil, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, coriander, and pepper flakes. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. (Or preheat the broiler.)
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread 1 strip of chicken down the middle of each skewer.
- In batches, cook the satays on the grill (or on a broiler pan under the broiler) until the chicken is cooked through and the meat is browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side, watching carefully and turning so the meat does not burn.
- To serve, arrange the skewers on a platter and lightly drizzle with the peanut sauce and chopped peanuts. Serve additional sauce in a bowl on the side for dipping. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve hot or at room temperature.