- 1 pound boneless veal inside round, sliced 1/2-inch thick on the bias and thinly pounded
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten with 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups fine dried bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons clarified butter
- 4 jumbo eggs
- 1 fresh lemon
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 8 anchovies, cut in half
- Season the veal chops with salt and pepper. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Season the egg wash with salt and pepper. Season the bread crumbs with salt and pepper. Dredge the veal slices in the flour. Dip each chop in the egg wash, letting the excess drip off. Finally, dredge the chops in the seasoned bread crumbs, coating completely. Add 1/4 cup of the oil to 2 large skillets. When the oil is hot, add 2 chops to each skillet. Pan-fry the chops for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Remove the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Wipe out 1 of the skillets with paper towels. Add 4 tablespoons of the butter and place over medium heat. When the butter is melted, crack the eggs into the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the eggs are fried. Place the veal chops on each serving plate. Lay a fried egg on top of each veal chop. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan and melt. Slice the lemons in half and squeeze the juice into the pan with the capers. Cook for 1 minute. Spoon the sauce over the eggs. Criss-cross 2 anchovy halves over each egg and garnish with parsley.