- 2 1/4 cups Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 ounces CrËme de Menthe
- 1-ounce CrËme de Cacao
- Chocolate curls, for garnish
- Mint Sprigs, for garnish
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter and mix well. Pour the crumbs into a 10-inch pie plate and press into the plate. Place the crust into the oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Add 1/4 cup of the heavy cream to the top of a double boiler. Add the gelatin and gently heat and remove from the heat and set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar until pale and thick. With the mixer running, drizzle in the gelatin and cream mixture. Remove the egg yolk mixture from the mixer and fold in the liqueurs. Refrigerate for 4 hours until thickened. Whip 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream to stiff peaks. Fold the whipped cream into the thickened egg and gelatin mixture. Pour the mixture into the pie shell and refrigerate overnight. Remove the pie from the refrigerator and garnish with chocolate curls and mint sprigs and whipped cream.