- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 medium honeydew
- Simple syrup (equal amounts of sugar and water simmered until sugar dissolves)
- 1/2 to 1 cup vodka
- 4 cups rock or sea salt
- 1 container edible flowers
- 4 dozen raw oysters
- 4 ounces Sevruga caviar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine the water and sugar. I Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the outer skin of the melon. With a spoon, scrape out the seeds and discard. Dice the melon into small pieces. In the cup of a blender, combine the melon and simple syrup to taste. Process until smooth. Add the vodka and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into nonreactive cake pan and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer and allow to sit for a couple of minutes. Using a knife, scrape the melon mixture back and forth, spoon the mixture into a plastic container with a lid. (**The consistency of the mixture should be slushy) An electric ice cream machine can also be used. Cover and freeze until ready to use.
- Place the rock salt on the large oval platter. Lay the oysters on top of the salt. Place the flowers around the oysters. Spoon some of the Melon/Vodka Granita over each oyster.
- Top the granita with some of the caviar. Garnish with parsley.