- 4 cups assorted fresh wild mushrooms, such as chanterelles, shiitakes, or portobellos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning 
- 1/2 cup chopped tasso
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- Coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Place the mushrooms in a large bowl and toss with the oil and 3 tablespoons of the Creole Seasoning.
- Heat a large heavy dry skillet over high heat until very hot. Add the mushrooms, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover and cook, shaking and tossing the skillet, for 2 minutes. Add tasso, green onions, shallots, and garlic and toss well. Stir in the cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain. Fold in the pasta and the remaining 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning and heat for 2 minutes. Makes about 7 cups.
- To serve, mound 1 3/4 cups of angel hair, mushrooms, and tasso into each of 4 shallow bowls. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Note: Tasso is a well-seasoned, smoked Cajun ham. It can be ordered by mail, or substitute another highly spiced, smoked ham.