- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fine white bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 3 ounces (1 1/2 cups) shredded coconut
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Confectionersí sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease a standard loaf pan (4 x 4 x 3 inches deep) with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter. Sprinkle the bottom and sides of the pan with the bread crumbs and tap out any excess.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, brandy, vanilla, bananas, and the remaining 4 tablespoons melted butter, and mix well. Add the flour, baking soda, egg, coconut, and white chocolate, and stir until all of the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Spread the pecans on top and press down gently into the batter with a spatula. Sprinkle the top with the sesame seeds and bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a rack before unmolding.
- To serve, unmold the cake, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, slice, and serve. Serve immediately or store, refrigerated, wrapped in plastic wrap, for 2 days.
- Note: Remove the crusts from a dense, homemade-type white bread, and crumb 3 or 4 slices at a time in a food processor or blender. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.