- 1 medium mirliton or 1 large cucumber
- 1/4 cup peeled, seeded and diced Italian plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 turns freshly ground black pepper
- Drop the mirliton in boiling water and simmer until tender, for about 35 to 45 minutes; then peel, seed, and dice. (If using cucumber, simmer until fork-tender, for about 20 minutes, then peel, cut in half vertically, remove the seeds, and dice.)
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and blend thoroughly.