- 1/2 recipe Basic Pie Dough 
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 strips bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup diced seeded poblano, green New Mexico, or Anaheim chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Emerilís Southwest Seasoning 
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups grated jalapeÒo-flavored Jack cheese
- 2 cups Pico de Gallo 
- Prepare the Basic Pie Dough for a 9-inch pie shell.
- Preheat the oven to 375?F.
- Combine the oil and bacon in a large skillet over high heat and sautÈ, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in the onions, peppers, garlic, Southwest Seasoning, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper and sautÈ for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour into a bowl.
- Add the cilantro, whisk in the eggs and cream, fold in the cheese, and pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes at 375?, then turn the oven heat down to 350?, and bake until puffy and golden brown, for about 30 minutes longer. Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting and servings.
- While the pie is baking, prepare the Pico di Gallo.
- To serve, cut the pie into 6 or 8 wedges and top each with 1/3 or 1/4 cup of the Pico di Gallo.