- 1/2 cup Piri Piri, prepared at least a week ahead 
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds sirloin or other lean, tender beef, trimmed and cut into 2-inch cubes (about 20 cubes)
- Cilantro Potato Salad 
- 1 loaf crusty peasant bread, preferably Portuguese
- 4 long wooden skewers
- Combine the Piri Piri with the cilantro and kosher salt in a bowl, and marinate the meat in this mixture for 3 or 4 hours in your refrigerator.
- About an hour before removing the marinade from the refrigerator, prepare the Cilantro Potato Salad, cover, and refrigerate.
- Preheat the broiler and set the broiler rack 3 inches from the flame.
- Thread the meat on the skewers, using 5 cubes of meat per skewer. Rest the skewers across a rack set in a pan and baste the meat with the Piri Piri marinade. Broil for 8 minutes, turn the skewers of meat over, baste, and broil for 5 minutes.
- To serve, push the meat from the skewers onto the bread and eat sandwich-style with a generous cup of the Cilantro Potato Salad.