- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup peeled and quartered onions
- 1 cup peeled and coarsely chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Basic Chicken Stock 
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over high heat. Add the onions and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the apples, garlic, salt, and pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, and serve warm. Serve immediately or store, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 24 hours. Reheat in a saucepan over low heat.