- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons seeded and minced jalapeÒo peppers
- 2 cups peeled and diced mangoes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Heat the oil in a large pot over high heat. Add the onions, jalapeÒos, and mangoes and sautÈ for 30 seconds. Stir in the green onions, 1/2 cup of the water, the lime and lemon juices, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch with the remaining 2 teaspoons water. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the pot, bring to a boil, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Serve immediately or store, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 24 hours. Reheat in a saucepan over low heat.