- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 lemons, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut up, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a large nonreactive skillet over high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the wine, lemons, garlic, and shallots. Cook for 3 minutes, breaking up and mashing the lemons with a wire whisk. Stir in the salt, pepper , Worcestershire, and hot sauce and cook until the mixture is somewhat syrupy, for about 3 minutes. Stir in the cream and cook for 1 minute.
- Over low heat, whisk in the butter a few pats at a time. When all of the butter has been added, remove from the heat, but continue whisking until all of the butter is incorporated into the sauce.
- Strain the sauce, pressing all of the liquid into a bowl. Stir in the parsley. Serve immediately, or keep warm for a few minutes until ready to use.