- 1/4 cup tarragon, basil, or assorted herb vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup assorted chopped fresh herbs (combine basil, tarragon, cilantro, parsley, oregano, or whatever herbs you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 15 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Combine the vinegar, shallots, garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil and continue whisking until thoroughly emulsified. Store, refrigerated, in an airtight container for 3 days. Whisk before serving.