- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 smoked ham hock (about 8 to 10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 quarts Crab Stock 
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning 
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 cups roughly chopped assorted greens, such as collards, mustard, turnip, chard, dandelion, beet greens, or spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound (1/2 cup) lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1 1/2 cups Roasted Red Pepper Rouille 
- 1/2 cup toasted shredded coconut
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over high heat. Add the ham hack and the onions and sautÈ for 2 minutes. Stir in the stock and water and bring to a boil. Add the Creole Seasoning and bay leaves and cook over high heat, for 20 minutes. Reduce the heat and simmer for 60 minutes.
- Fold the greens, salt, and pepper and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in the crabmeat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Remove the ham hack and shred the meat off the bone back into the soup.
- While the soup is simmering, prepare the Roasted Red Pepper Rouille.
- Serve hot in bowls, allowing 1 generous cup of the callaloo per portion. Drizzle each serving with a generous 3 tablespoons of the Rouille and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the coconut.