- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 freshly scraped corncob, broken in half
- 1/2 cup freshly scraped corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid crab boil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the green onions, green and red bell peppers, the broken corncob, corn kernels, garlic, salt, pepper, and crab boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon, for about 9 to 10 minutes.
- Discard the corncobs, fold in the crabmeat, and remove from the heat. Serve immediately or store, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 24 hours. Reheat in a saucepan over low heat.