- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup whole fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds cooked unpeeled new potatoes, halved if small or quartered if large
- 1/3 cup finely minced onions
- Place the egg and cilantro in a food processor or blender. Start processing and slowly stream in 1/2 cup of the oil. Add the garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 4 turns of the pepper, and stream in the remaining 1/4 cup of the oil. Process until thoroughly emulsified into a mayonnaise.
- Pour the mayonnaise into a large bowl and add the potatoes, onions, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 3 turns pepper. Toss to combine thoroughly, cover, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.