- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons peeled, seeded, and chopped Italian plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 4 servings Saffron Linguine 
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat (from 3 live 1-pound lobsters), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Combine the oil, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, red pepper, cumin, salt, and black pepper in a large skillet over medium heat and cook for 6 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to steep for 10 or 15 minutes.
- Prepare the Saffron Linguine, and cover to keep warm.
- Turn the heat back up to high under the skillet, and when the mixture bubbles, add the lobster. Cook, shaking the skillet, for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Makes about 2 cups.
- To serve, divide the pasta into 4 portions and mound it in 4 shallow bowls. Add 1/2 cup of the lobster and sauce, and sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan and 1 tablespoon of the green onions.