- 8 wedges Fried Polenta 
- 1/2 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon Emerilís Creole Seasoning 
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, cut in half and sliced vertically
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped Italian plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Basic Chicken Stock 
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Prepare the Fried Polenta through Step 3.
- In a bowl toss the chicken strips with the Creole Seasoning, using your hands to coat the meat well.
- Heat the oil in a medium nonreactive skillet over high heat. Add the seasoned chicken and sautÈ, stirring, until the chicken is golden, for about 2 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, basil, and sage and sautÈ for 3 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, and stock and heat just until bubbles form around the edge, for about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and keep warm. Makes 2 cups.
- Finish the Fried Polenta.
- To serve, place 2 narrow wedges of the Fried Polenta on each of 4 plates and spoon 1/2 cup of the fricassee over them. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons Parmesan.