- 2 teaspoons salt plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds dried linguine
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Viva Las Vegas Tomato Sauce 
- 2 pounds littleneck clams, scrubbed well (discard any that are open)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring 1 gallon water and the salt to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Add the linguine and cook, stirring occasionally to keep the pasta from sticking together, until just al dente, about 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the crushed red pepper, wine, and tomato sauce, and cook for 1 minute. Add the clams, stir well, cover, and cook until the clams open, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the parsley and oregano. Discard any unopened clams.
- Drain the linguine. Add to the sauce and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large pasta bowl and serve hot, with lots of crusty Italian bread.