- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Steenís 100% Pure Cane Syrup
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 4 pork loin chops, about 1 inch thick
- double-cut, bone-in
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Emerilís Original Essence
- 2 cups bleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Southern Cooked Greens 
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover. Add 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until fork-tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Mash the potatoes with a fork, then add 3 tablespoons of the butter, the cream, vanilla, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the pepper. Mix well, cover to keep warm, and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the apples and cook, stirring gently, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice, cane syrup, and bourbon. Cook, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Season the pork chops with 2 teaspoons of the Essence. Combine the flour and 2 tablespoons of Essence in a shallow bowl.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Dredge the chops in the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess. Fry the chops in the oil for 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- To serve, spoon equal amounts of the sweet potatoes in the center of serving plates. Place a pork chop on top of the potatoes, then top with the apples. Arrange equal amounts of the greens around the chops. If you wish, spoon some of the ìpot likkerî over the greens.