- 1 cup tightly packed sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed), reconstituted in hot water and drained
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the sun-dried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, crushed red pepper flakes and black pepper in a food processor. Purée on high speed. With the motor running, gradually add the oil through the feed tube and process until well blended.
- Set aside until ready to serve with the terrine.