- 1 large eggplant (about 1 1/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large zucchini (about 3/4 pound), cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium yellow squash (about 6 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as chives, tarragon, dill, chervil, basil, cilantro, and/or flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put the vegetables in a large mixing bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer in a large roasting pan. Roast until soft and golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a large serving bowl and toss with the herbs, extra-virgin olive oil, and lemon juice. Add more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve warm or cold, or at room temperature.