- Twelve 1/4-inch-thick baguette slices (cut on the diagonal to make large slices)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise or 
- store-bought mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Spread the bread on a baking sheet. Mix the cheese, mayonnaise, parsley, garlic, salt, and cayenne in a small bowl. Spread a heaping tablespoon of the cheese mixture onto each slice of bread.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve hot.