- 4 cups Basic Beans (black), drained and rinsed 
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup minced green onions (green and white parts)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons minced jalapeÒo
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Six 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl combine the beans, corn, bell peppers, green onions, garlic, jalapeÒo, cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil. Stir well to combine, and season with 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and the cayenne. Let the flavors blend for 30 minutes before serving.
- Season the salmon fillets with the Essence and remaining teaspoon salt.
- Heat the canola oil in one large or two small skillets over high heat. Add the salmon and sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Serve immediately with the black bean relish.