- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound Homemade Tasso or other spicy sausage, cut into small dice (about 1 cup) 
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- 1 cup shucked oysters (about 12), with their liquor
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tasso and cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Mix in the onions and cook until just softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the cream and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the green onions and Essence. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Add the oysters and cook just until the edges begin to curl, about 1 1/2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.