- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/4 teaspoons granulated onions
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 pound boneless lean pork butt, cut into three or four 1-inch-thick slices
- Mix the paprika, salt, black pepper, granulated onions, cayenne, garlic powder, and onion powder well in a medium bowl. Dredge each pork slice in the mixture, pressing it into the meat. Wrap tightly in individual pieces of plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate to cure for at least three days and up to one week before using.