- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup Chardonnay or other dry white wine
- 1/2 cup hazelnut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces baby greens
- 8 ounces goat cheese, such as Montrachet, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until the skins are cracked and peeling, about 10 minutes. Wrap the nuts in a kitchen towel and let cool for 10 minutes. Rub the nuts in the towel to remove most of the skins. Let cool completely.
- Chop 3/4 cup of the hazelnuts. Place the wine in a small bowl and gradually whisk in the oil. Add the chopped hazelnuts, season with the salt and pepper, and whisk well to combine. Place the greens in a bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Divide the greens among four salad plates. Crumble the goat cheese over the greens, sprinkle with the reserved 1/4 cup whole hazelnuts, and serve.