- 1 cup Mayonnaise or 
- store-bought mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound pencil-thin asparagus, trimmed and steamed until just tender
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 12 zucchini blossoms, rinsed well and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Mix the mayonnaise, shallots, tarragon, capers, mustard, and garlic in a medium bowl. Fold in the crabmeat and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- In another bowl, toss the asparagus and onion with the olive oil and vinegar and season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Place equal amounts of the asparagus in the centers of four salad plates. Arrange the crabmeat salad over the asparagus. Lay three zucchini blossoms over each portion of crabmeat and garnish with the parsley.