- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1 cup masa harina (available at Latin markets and many supermarkets)
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pint shucked oysters, drained
- 9 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 1 tablespoon minced red jalapeÒo or serrano chile
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 cups Emerilís Pico de Gallo 
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Pour enough oil to come halfway up the sides of a large heavy pot or electric deep-fryer and heat over high heat to 360?F.
- Combine the masa harina, Essence, and cumin in a shallow bowl. Dredge the oysters in the mixture, a few at a time, to coat evenly. Shake off any excess coating. In batches, without crowding, deep-fry the oysters, turning occasionally, until golden, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Lightly beat the eggs and salt in a large bowl. Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green onions and chile pepper. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the eggs and, stirring constantly, scramble to the desired consistency.
- To serve, put one warm tortilla on each serving plate. Put an equal portion of the scrambled eggs and the oysters on each tortilla, then top each with 1/4 cup of the pico de gallo and 2 tablespoons of the sour cream. Serve immediately, passing the remaining pico de gallo at the table.