- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1/2 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Emerilís Original Essence or
- Creole Seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 2 pounds celery root, peeled and cut into 3 x 1 1/2-inch sticks
- 1 cup Creole Remoulade Sauce, optional 
- Pour enough oil into a large heavy pot or electric deep fryer to come halfway up the sides and heat to 360?F.
- Combine the flour with 1 teaspoon of the Essence in a shallow bowl. Beat the egg with 2 teaspoons water in another shallow bowl. Combine the bread crumbs with 1 teaspoon of the Essence in another shallow bowl. One at a time, toss the celery root sticks in the flour, then dip in the egg wash and dredge in the bread crumbs to coat evenly. Shake to remove any excess and place on a baking sheet.
- In batches, without crowding, deep-fry the sticks until golden, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sticks to a paper towelñlined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the fries with the remaining 1 teaspoon Essence. Serve hot, with the remoulade sauce for dipping.