- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 cup Basic Beans (black) 
- 1/2 cup minced red onions
- 7 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions (green and white parts)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced jalapeÒos
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced and seeded habanero chile
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- To roast the peppers, place them on an open gas flame and turn them frequently with tongs until all sides are charred black, 7 to 10 minutes. (Alternatively, the peppers can be roasted under a broiler or on top of a gas or charcoal grill.) Place the blackened peppers in a plastic or paper bag, seal the bag, and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes.
- Peel the peppers and remove the seeds and the stems. Chop the pepper flesh and place in a medium mixing bowl. (The chopped peppers will yield approximately 2 cups.) Add the remaining ingredients and stir to mix well. The salsa may be kept in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. Serve at room temperature.