- 2 (32-ounce) containers whole milk plain yogurt
- 2 cups chopped ripe mangoes (about 2 medium mangoes)
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups super fine sugar, plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups freshly whipped cream
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons raspberry-flavored liqueur (recommended: Framboise), optional
- White chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Place the yogurt in a large fine mesh strainer or colander lined with cheesecloth set over a large bowl. Refrigerate and let drain overnight. Discard the whey that has dropped into the bowl or reserve for another use.
- In a blender, puree the mangos and 1 cup of the sugar. Taste and adjust sweetness, depending upon the ripeness of the fruit, adding more sugar as needed.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt cheese, pureed mangoes, and vanilla. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours.
- Fold in the whipped cream. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to use.
- In a bowl, toss the raspberries with the liqueur, if desired, and the sugar. Let this macerate for 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- To make the parfaits, drizzle a spoonful of the macerated raspberry juice into the bottom of 4 footed parfait glasses. Alternately, place a scoop of the mango frozen mousse and a spoonful of the berries into the glasses, finishing with berries on top. Place in the freezer to get hard, 15 to 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- To serve, top each parfait with white chocolate shavings.