- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1 small carrot, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons prepared curry paste
- 1 tablespoon prepared salsa
- Lettuce leaves
- 30 round won-ton wrappers
- Mango Relish (recipe follows)
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, onion, ginger, bell pepper and carrot. In a small bowl, dilute the curry paste with 1 tablespoon water and combine with the salsa. Pour the curry mixture into the pork mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Line racks of a bamboo steamer with the lettuce leaves to prevent sticking. To form the dumplings, place 1 teaspoon of the filling on each won-ton wrapper. Moisten the edges with water; fold the won-ton wrapper over the filling to form a half moon. Moisten the ends and turn up to close. Set the dumplings on the lettuce leaves, not allowing the dumplings to touch.
- When the racks are full, set the steamer over boiling water in a wok and steam until the dumplings are cooked through and firm, 12 to 15 minutes. Let the dumplings rest a few minutes before serving with Mango Relish.
- Note: Dumplings can be made 2 weeks ahead, covered tightly and frozen. Do not thaw before steaming.