- 6 cups thinly sliced, scrubbed zucchini
- 4 cups chicken broth, preferably homemade
- One-half cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt and white pepper, or to taste
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Put the zucchini, broth and basil in a saucepan, bring to a gentle boil, then simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes. Cool before transferring in batches to a processor or blender; puree until smooth. Taste for seasoning. Refrigerate several hours or several days. Stir well before ladling into bowls. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and basil leaf garnish.