- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons seeded and minced jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels, scraped from 3 or 4 blanched ears of corn
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with the softened butter.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs with the jalapenos and corn. Stir in the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Beat in the milk and oil. Pour the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake until golden, for about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.
- Blanching corn: Plunge whole husked ears of corn into boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, for about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the corn from the water and let it cool. Hold an ear vertically and scrape the kernels off, using a small sharp knife, slicing the top of the ear to the bottom.