- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (green part only)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, plus more to serve
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 32 wonton wrappers
- Asian chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- Put the pork, garlic, green onions, and ginger in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, and heavy cream and season with salt and pepper, then pulse once or twice to mix well.
- With your fingers, lightly wet the edges of the wontons with water. Put about a tablespoon of the filling in the center, bring 1 corner up to another to form a triangle, and press to seal. Bring the bottom 2 corners of the triangle together to form a ring, press to seal, then fold the remaining tip over to resemble a bishop’s hat.
- Arrange the dumplings in the steamer, place it in a wok or large pan, and add enough water just to touch the bottom of the basket. Cover the steamer and steam until the dumplings are tender and translucent, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Pass with the soy sauce and chili sauce on the side.