- 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, wiped clean and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Splash of dry white wine
- Combine the mushrooms, onion, garlic, and walnuts in a food processor or blender and pulse until the mixture forms a coarse paste. Heat the oil in a medium-size skillet over medium heat, add the mushroom mixture, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the wine and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature before using.