- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 ounces andouille or other smoked sausage, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup softened cream cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 16 large fresh jalapenos
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 2 1/4 cups bleached all-purpose flour, as needed
- Pinch of baking powder
- Essence to taste 
- 2 large egg yolks
- One 12-ounce bottle of beer, as needed
- Heat the olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat, and brown the andouille. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, then stir in the garlic. Remove from the heat and let cool. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the parsley, and cream cheese and mix well. Stir in the andouille mixture, mix thoroughly, and season with salt and pepper. Without splitting the stem, use a sharp knife to cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise. With your hands protected with gloves, use your fingers to remove the seeds and stem from the jalapeno, being careful to leave the stem intact. Stuff 1 heaping tablespoon of the filling in the center of each jalapeño, then press together to seal. Fill a large, heavy, deep pot or an electric fryer, with enough vegetable oil to come up midway (at least 4 inches), and preheat to 360ºF. Combine 1 cup of the flour and the baking powder in a shallow bowl and season with Essence. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the yolks and 1 cup of the beer, then season with salt and pepper. Add 1 cup of the remaining flour to the yolk mixture and stir to combine. The batter should be the consistency of pancake batter. Adjust the consistency if necessary with the remaining beer or flour.
- Dredge the stuffed peppers in the seasoned flour, tapping off any excess. Dip the jalapenos in the batter, coating completely. Let the excess drip off. Gently lay the jalapenos in the hot oil, several at a time, and fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. If you are using a fry basket, make sure to shake it gently a bit after you have added the peppers to keep them from sticking. Once cooked, Drain on paper towels. Season with Essence and serve.