- 12 ounces sliced bacon, chopped
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- Salt and cayenne to taste
- 1 medium-size eggplant, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (green part only)
- 4 cups crumbled Skillet Corn Bread 
- 2 cups Chicken Stock or 
- canned chicken broth
- 6 squabs (about 1 1/4 pounds each), dressed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 shallots, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups Veal Reduction 
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound haricots verts or thin green beans, trimmed and cooked in boiling salted water until just tender, about 2 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400?F. Line a large roasting pan with parchment paper.
- In a large sautÈ pan over medium heat, fry the bacon, stirring, until crispy, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers, season with salt and cayenne. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the garlic, the thyme, parsley, and green onions. Remove from the heat and pour into a large mixing bowl. Add the corn bread and stock, mix thoroughly, and season with salt and cayenne.
- Rub the squabs with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and cayenne. Stuff the cavity of each with about 3/4 cup of the dressing; donít pack the dressing in tightly. Toss the shallots with the remaining tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and cayenne.
- Place the squabs and shallots in the prepared pan. Roast until the squabs are golden brown and the juices run clear from the cavities, 25 to 30 minutes (the internal temperature should read between 180? and 185?F on an instant-read meat thermometer). Remove from the oven. Place the shallots in a saucepan and cover with the veal reduction. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large sautÈ pan over medium heat. Add the haricots verts and the remaining tablespoon garlic, season with salt and cayenne, and cook, stirring, to heat through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve the squabs with the haricots verts and the shallot-veal reduction.