- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups fresh sweet corn kernels (from 3 medium-size ears)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 fresh jalapeÒo, seeded and minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the corn, garlic, and jalapeño and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the heavy cream, bring to gentle boil, and cook until the cream reduces by one fourth, 6 to 8 minutes. In a blender or using a handheld blender, puree the sauce until smooth. Season again with salt and pepper. Serve the sauce hot with the burritos.