- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large sea or diver scallops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium-size red potato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Confit of Exotic Mushrooms 
- Veal Reduction 
- 4 teaspoons white truffle oil (available in specialty food stores)
- 1/4 cup plus 4 teaspoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 small black truffle (available in specialty food stores), wiped clean and shaved
- 1 sheet (11 x 14 inches) puff pastry (look for this in the frozen foods section of your supermarket)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- In a medium-size sautÈ pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Season the scallops with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Sear for 2 minutes on each side and remove from the heat.
- Season the sliced potato with salt and pepper. Divide them into 4 equal portions. Line the bottoms of four 6-ounce ramekins with the potato slices, overlapping them. Top each with a scallop, then 1/4 cup of the confit, then pour in 1/4 cup of the veal reduction. Drizzle each with a teaspoon of truffle oil, sprinkle with a tablespoon of the cheese, and top with shaved truffle.
- Cut four 4-inch rounds out of the puff pastry and cover the top of each ramekin with one. With your fingers, press the pastry over the rims and remove any excess to seal completely. Lightly brush the pastry with the beaten egg and sprinkle with salt and pepper and the remaining 4 teaspoons cheese. Bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve hot.